Hand in Hand Christian Preschool, LLC
55 Woodland Street, Lincoln, RI
Interested in learning
more about us?
Laurie Denio brings a dynamic combination of strong academic background and personal experience to our school. Laurie earned a MA in Human Development from Boston College and a BA in Early Childhood Education from UMASS-Amherst. She taught at Old South Preschool in Boston’s historic Old South Church for 6 1/2 years. The Denio family relocated to Lincoln, Rhode Island, where Laurie chose to stay home with her children. In 2004, Laurie returned to the work force as a teacher in the Instructional Play program at the Boys and Girls Club of Cumberland/ Lincoln. She has been instrumental in the creation and start up of Hand in Hand since it opened in 2008! Laurie is married to husband, John and they parent four children.
The staff at Hand in Hand is committed to providing learning opportunities that will enhance the development of the whole child, as recommended in the RI Early Learning Standards. Teachers will provide ample opportunities for independent, planned, play-based activities and discovery. Teacher led activities will be concentrated in group activities, one on one and small group instruction.
Through participation in our program and at the individual rate of development, we strive to help children meet the following goals:
- •Develop a lifelong love for and relationship with Jesus Christ.
- •Develop curiosity, an interest in and joy of learning.
- •Make a smooth, comfortable transition from home to school.
- •Develop self-control, sense of responsibility and obedience necessary for success in school and in life.
- •Develop successful relationships with peers and adults; respect for individual differences
- •Develop a healthy body through exercise and healthy eating choices.
- •Develop fine motor skills essential for writing
- •Explore pre-reading skills in a literature rich environment.
- •Test math and science concepts through hands on activities.
- •Gain an appreciation of art and music through creative exploration of a variety of music and material
Ellen Ashman joined the staff at Hand in Hand in the fall of 2017. Ellen brings with her 14 years of teaching experience working with all age groups and developmental levels. She earned her Bachelor's degree in Psychology, and two masters degrees in Special Education and Reading. Ellen holds teaching certifications in Pennsylvania and Wisconsin. She now resides in Lincoln Rhode Island with her husband Seth, three kids Sophie, Maddison and Liam, Tuukka her dog and chickens.
Lori Kast has been making music with the children at Hand in Hand since it first opened in 2008.
She shares her joy in the Lord through her musical talents playing guitar and piano. Lori introduces the children to praise songs, traditional preschool songs/rhymes, finger plays, movement and dance. The children eagerly await the school days on which Mrs. Kast comes!